Friday, June 22, 2012

Frosted Designs Fab Friday Challenge - DIY Embellishments

Helloooo.... Its Fabulous Friday Challenge again at Frosted Designs!!! This week, we are challenging you to make your own embellishments and incorporate into your projects. This is such a fun theme!!! I'm sure all have had a chance to make your own embellishments before, like flowers, banners, crochets, chipboards and so on. And this week's sponsor is Oh My Crafts.

Here's the embellishments that I made:

1) Flowers and vines corner embellishment.
 I assembled the flowers myself before adding the vines and stamens(glued them all together). Made a few sets of these for future use.

2) Clay Angel
For the clay angel, I used Martha Stewart air-dry clay and a angel mold. Its so beautiful once done. Love the angelic and vintage look.

For all above DIY embellishments, I used them to decorate a denim pocket cut out from my old denim skirt.

Inside the pocket, I just cut out journaling cards from patterned papers. Going to use them to record my favourite quotes. Love how simple the design is and how the flowers corner just beautify the whole denim pocket without layering too much stuff.

Hope you will be inspired to create more of your own embellishments. It can be quite expensive to buy embellishments. Create more for future uses too. And remember to hop over to Frosted Designs to join in the fun once done.

Thanks for dropping by. Do also drop by My Little Shoebox for our Week 4 Blog Hop with The Twinery. Have a fun week.

1 comment:

  1. Carol, I love the clay angel! You could do so many different things with it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete