Friday, November 16, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge - Color Challenge

Hi, everyone. This week at Frosted Designs, we are inviting you to join us for a color challenge. You can use this picture or color scheme for your projects.

And here's what I created:

"Live A Life Inspired" PDF Wood Board


I altered a PDF Wood Board from Daiso. Covered it with Tim Holtz tissue paper, added acrylic paints to it. Then I mixed fiber paste, glass bead gel and acrylic paint and spread over the Prima Donna Downey's peonies stencil. I used Liquitex and Daler Rowney acrylic inks for the "drips" and dabbed some white acrylic paints randomly over the board with my fingers.


For the peonies, I actually used pink acrylic paint for the fiber paste mixture. But I painted over them with red acrylic paint after the fiber paste mixture dried. Hence you might catch some pink under the red. I loved this kind of "layering". It made the peonies look more varied and alive.


I loved this lace. Bought it from a wedding accessory shop in Johore Bahru, Malaysia. Loved the transparency of this lace. You can still see the details below over the lace. (hmmm... am I making sense in my explanations??). The phrases are stamped with Unity/Donna Downey stamp and cut out and adhered with gel medium. Then dabbed over with acrylic paints and circled with black Daler Rowney acrylic ink.


Another view from the side. Loved the texture of this board.

I hope you are inspired by my project. Do join in the challenge over at Frosted Designs. Have a fun week. And do keep a lookout for Frosted Designs 12 Days Of Christmas Challenge next month.

Oh, I still owe a 4th Blog Candy for next 20 followers. I will try to post up as soon as possible.
Thanks for visiting my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Carol... this is absolutely gorgeous!! You have so many great layers and colors and textures! I love everything about it!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete