Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Off The Rails Scrapbooking October Challenge

Hi, friends. This month at Off The Rails Scrapbooking, we have another lovely mood palette.


These colors are so yummilicious. And the picture at top left just reminds me of ferris wheel!! So inspired by it, I created a art journal page on ferris wheel.

Note: I created this page outside of home when I waited for my kids' piano lessons to end. Brought along Faber Castell gelatos, wet tissue, 2 paper scraps, 1 small punch, pencil, black pen, white Sharpie pen and glossy accent.

"Enjoy The Ride"



Gesso the art journal page before add gelatos and rub over with wet tissue for background. Then I hand drew the ferris wheel with pencil and go over with black pen. I found some paper scraps with circular sunbursts, that are perfect for the cabins of the ferris wheel. It resembles the picture in the Oct Mood Palette. I cut them out and using a mini SU label punch, I punch out the "window" of the cabins.

After adhering all papers down, I use gelatos again over the whole ferris wheel. Added journaling. Lastly, I go over the ferris wheel with white Sharpie pen.

Its such a simple and fast page to create. As a busy stay home mum, I now try to opt for everything simple and fast. That way, I can continue crafting without having the stress or fear of neglecting my family. Yup... lately having this stress... life is stressful and i decided to simplify my life as well. But occasionally the mood strikes and I will still do more complicated projects. :)

Well, I hope you enjoy my simple project. Do hop over to Off The Rails Scrapbooking to join in this month's challenge. Our sponsor this month is Graphic 45. Yum yum prize!!

Thanks for dropping by. Have fun.  Do look out for my other project sharing on 10 Oct. 

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing take on the mood board...and your ferris wheel looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete