Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 20 - {Imagine} Watercolor

Hi, it's been a few days since I watercolor. Been quite busy this weekend. Plus something tragic happened for Singapore. The Sabah earthquake had claimed the lives of 6 Singaporean primary school kids and 1 teacher. 1 kid and 1 teacher are still missing. As a mum of 2 kids, this really weigh heavily on my heart. It's so heartpain. I pray that God will heal and comfort those who lost their loved ones and also heal those who are injured.

Yesterday I sketch this elf out with pencil and watercolor it. But I sort of spoil the sketch with my watercolor. Sketch is the same but the way I add the toning really can reshape the face. LOL. The nose looks flat and funny. Eyes seems to be narrower. Gosh... Really so tough to do portrait. I think I will stick to sketching with pencil and learn the toning and shading with pencil first. Till I master the skill, I think I won't do portrait for watercolor yet. So gambatte!!!

{Imagine} Watercolor

{Imagine} Watercolor WIP
I like this sketch. Not perfect yet. But I like it.

{Imagine} Watercolor WIP
This is the first coat of color for the skin.

{Imagine} Watercolor WIP
Before I add the leaves


{Imagine} Watercolor
Final product. Sob.. spoil it. You can see the face shape sort of change after I add shading/toning.  Gosh.. Now looks flat and thin face. And flat nose. Like after a botched cosmetic surgery. LOL..

Really not easy to do portrait. But I won't give up. Will continue learning and trying. Step by step.. first with pencil.

That's all for today's sharing. I will be "missing in action" for the next one week or so. Going to church camp and a short holiday in Penang. Look forward to the trip. I will bring along my sketchbook and watercolor kit. Hopefully I got time to create and able to blog about it when I come back.

Oh ya, forgot about another sketch I did in the weekend. This is a quick and rough sketch I did. Want to learn how to sketch quickly. Done this in my Moleskine sketchbook.

Fairyscene sketch

Hope you enjoy my sharing. So see you next week when I'm back from the trip. Have a fun week.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment