Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Watercoloring

Hi, everyone. It's been some time since I blog about my watercoloring projects. Though I have not blog, I still watercolor occasionally. Here's what I have watercolor.

Floral1

Inspired by my friend, I drew and watercolor this set of roses from scratch. But I think I made a mistake in the bunch of leaves at the bottom. LOL.

Floral2

My second set of watercolor floral is done on stamped image. The flowers and leaves are from 2 different stamp sets. I stamped them with distress ink so they are more subtle.

Penang Cornwallis Chapel

I sketch this chapel in Fort Cornwallis, Penang in June. But I only watercolor it recently. Good thing I took a picture of the chapel. Not 100% alike but I guess it will do for now. My first "urban sketching" piece. I hope to learn about urban sketching and join the local urban sketchers group. A goal I set and hope to achieve before I grow too old to walk. LOL.

I have more watercoloring projects to share with you. Recently I started a bible verses watercoloring journal. One page will be the picture I watercolor with the verses and behind the page will be my own bible study notes. Hoping this will help me better in studying the word of God and at same time hone my watercoloring skills. But again I hope not to put too much pressure on myself. So it will be ad hoc sharing as and when I'm done with a piece. Please bear with me if you are not a believer. I'm only going to share about the watercolor piece and not the study notes. :)

"Trust In The Lord"

"Trust In The Lord"

Oh.. Have I shared that lately I dive into the calligraphy world? Yap.. I learnt the foundational hand writing in secondary school. Recently I attended a modern calligraphy class with my dear friend. And I started writing and practising. Will share more in next post.

Thanks for dropping by. Hope I didn't bore anyone down. Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment